Tuesday, July 24, 2007

synchronicity

I work around the corner from the place that started my career, CCNV. It was, at the time, the largest homeless shelter in the country. CCNV is an old federal building and is a city block long.

A few months after I got to town I was walking down the street with a co-worker and walked by a big building that happened to be a homeless shelter. We came upon the building from the side, so I didn’t notice what it was right away. But I got that tingly synchronicity feeling and I knew something special was right around the corner. I peeked around the corner and asked my friend what this place was. When he told me it was CCNV, I was amazed. So many years later and I’m working steps away from the place that sparked my spark, inspired me to start a career. Synchronicity! Here’s hoping DC can spark my spark once again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hilarious about the eau de bug spray. supercool re ccnv. are you going to add design*sponge to the 'blogs i read' list? see you in NOT HUMID seattle (which you should move back to) soon. xo